The iron, phosphorous, calcium, magnesium, zinc and vitamin K in blueberries contribute to maintain strong bones, good digestion and a healthy heart. Therefore this raw cheesecake is not only delicious but it guarantees to enrich your diet with healthy oils, minerals and vitamins.
- 1 cup blueberries.
- 2 cups raw cashews.
- 1 lemon.
- ½ cup raw almonds
- ½ cup coconut milk (use homemade for the raw version or full fat for the vegan one)
- 2 tbsp organic raw honey (or raw agave nectar for the strict vegans)
- 1 cup dry pitted dates, soaked overnight
- Make the crust first – place the dry pitted dates and almonds in the food processor and pulse to obtain a sticky mixture.
- Spread the mixture into a pan and press it to evenly arrange.
- Drain the cashews and place them in the food processor along with the lemon juice, coconut milk and raw honey.
- Process to obtain a smooth cream.
- Pour the cashew mixture in the pan on top of the crust, and spread evenly.
- Place the blueberries (optional – add a teaspoon of honey or agave nectar) in the food processor and pulse to obtain a puree.
- Top the cheesecake with the puree, cover and freeze for at least 3 hours.
- For serving, let it stay at the room temperature for 15 mins until it can be cut easily.
Try it out and let us know if you like it.