Full of vitamins and minerals, these raw and vegan carrot rolls are a creative way to serve your salad or add a healthy snack to your lunch pack.
- 4 Nori seaweed sheets
- 4 carrots
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 bell pepper (red, yellow, etc.)
- 1/3 kohlrabi or 1/3 cabbage
You can also explore with different ingredients including tofu*, cucumber or even mango. The possibilities are limitless according to your preferences.
*The rolls on the picture include tofu but they meant a lot of food miles for us 🙁
- Peel and cut the vegetables: avocado into thick sticks, bell pepper, kohlrabi, tofu or any veggie you want to add into thin sticks.
- Peel and cut the carrots, and place them in a food processor. Process the carrots until they resemble sticky rice or couscous.
- Place 1 sheet of nori on the sushi mat.
- Spread the shredded carrot onto the Nori sheet. Make sure it is evenly spread and press it until it sticks to the seaweed.
- Place the other vegetables on top of the carrot layer.
- Roll the seaweed with the veggies inside, just like a regular sushi roll.
- Cut into 6-8 pieces (with a sharp knife) and serve with soy sauce.
P.S. If you love sushi then check out The Little Vegan Sushi Cook Book
and get inspired by the best vegan sushi recipes.